J-Lay

"Should've Been A Cowboy"

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Smokers & Their Butts


does it piss anyone else off when you see someone toss their cigarette butts on the ground? i must admit it really gets me going. today while leaving the bank the person who had just pulled in beside my car tossed their butt out the window on to the ground. the next thing i know i'm calling them a son of a bitch. it was a good thing my windows were rolled up. sometimes i just want to collect a bunch of cigarette butts in a bag and when i see someone toss one on the ground I want to walk over to them and dump my bag of cigarette butts on their head! is it wrong of me to feel this way? i don't think so. this is my earth too, and i don't think anyone has the right to mistreat the earth that i and my future descendants do and will inhabit. i say do what ever you want to your own body, but don't let your vices effect those around you or the future of our children. you know they make stuff for them to put their butts in. that lady who tossed it out of her car surly had an ashtray in her car. she probably just didn't want to put in in there because it would stink up her car or she just didn't want to hassle with cleaning it up later. i say stop being lazy and take responsibility for your actions.

5 Comments:

At 2/27/2006 10:15 AM, Blogger Kerri said...

don't they just kinda crumble up and become one with the earth? ha not sure, just seriously asking. i've always thought they disintegrated.

i've seen people throw entire fast food bags out their windows. i'm not okay with that.

 
At 2/27/2006 1:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I smoked for 13 years, and never gave a whip about where I threw the butts...now that I am smoke free and care a bit more about my health and the health of the planet, I would say that it disgusts me too.

 
At 2/28/2006 12:29 PM, Blogger JASClark said...

When I smoked part of the fun was flicking the butt with my fingers as far as I could, but I was usually aiming for an out of the way place where there was already a pile of butts.

Actually that still sounds fun - maybe I'll start smoking again.

 
At 3/04/2006 7:13 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

yeah... it doesn't really bother me at all. actually what i like to do is pick them up off the ground and eat them.

 
At 3/04/2006 7:16 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

btw if you have an ashtray in your car then your car will smell like an ashtray - it's better to throw it on the street than have to deal with a smelly car.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home