J-Lay

"Should've Been A Cowboy"

Monday, September 18, 2006

Walking In The Rain

sometimes i feel that men don't grow up. they just grow old. take yesterday for example. around 2pm the rain started to pour down heavily at my apartment. not a lot of thunder or lightning, just rain. so i decide to put on a pair of shorts, a shirt, and sandals and go for a walk, in the rain. it made me think of the song "singing in the rain", but instead of singing in the rain i whistled in the rain. while i was whistling in the rain several cars passed me, and i'm sure the people in them thought i was crazy. who in there right mind would go walking in the rain? i think for me it is a kind of rebellion. as a kid i wasn't allowed to go out in the rain and jump in puddles of water. my mom always told me, "you'll catch a cold". now i live under my own roof and make my own rules. if you've never gone for a walk in the rain i recommend giving it a try. it is quite refreshing to say the least. just make sure it isn't too cold outside.

2 Comments:

At 9/18/2006 2:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's always very cold here when it rains, so I can't imagine being in shorts...but I did jump in puddles with a friend once, and that was great! Sounds like you had fun.

Seinfeld in one of his comedy sketches says that he often purposfully 'ruins his dinner' by eating cookies, then phones his mom and tells her that he did. hee hee!

 
At 9/21/2006 7:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it weird to comment when I haven't really met you yet? But, we are "friends" on MySpace, after all, so here it goes. Walking in the rain sounds awesome! Surprisingly not bummed out, I was dancing in the rain last Sunday as Tom Petty's show got rained out 6 songs after it began at the Austin City Limits festival. It was a cool feeling.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home