J-Lay

"Should've Been A Cowboy"

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Volunteer work

today i attended the dallas habitat for humanity orientation, and i had a lot of fun. they really seem to have the process down. i like how they held training for those who weren't familiar with construction. i really look forward to volunteering with habit for humanity. i did it a couple of times in garland, tx with my church, and those were good times. i love helping people and i like building things. the dallas chapter is quite large and has a goal of 100 houses per year. which means i will have plenty of opportunities to volunteer.

1 Comments:

At 8/23/2006 8:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's awesome! I helped habitat out in lubbock, but I didn't build houses. I babysat the kids of the people building. It was fun even though I didn't get near a hammer :) Have a nice rest of your week!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home