J-Lay

"Should've Been A Cowboy"

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Flat Tire


today, on my way to work i got a flat. fortunately i was able to pull into an apartment complex parking lot and change my tire. i'm proud to say that from the time i parked my car to the time i drove away on my good tire, only 15 mins had elapsed. i think that is the fastest i've ever changed a tire. my flat caused me to experienced two first. for the first time in the 11 years i've been driving i had a flat on my own car. also, i've never changed a flat on a car i've been driving. earlier this year i was driving my dad's truck and had a flat, but since there was not a spare with the truck he brought one to me and changed it himself. for the record i've changed several flats in my day. just not for myself. this doesn't mean that i've never had something get stuck in my tire in 11 years. i've had several tires fixed because of nails, screws, and other metal objects. for what ever reason none of the previous objects ever caused my tire to go flat. i've even driven around for 3 months with a bolt in a tire!

1 Comments:

At 8/23/2006 1:46 PM, Blogger LukeMiller said...

i had a flat last week on the way to work at 635 and 75. it sucked. i didn't time how long it took, but i had never changed a flat on the explorer before. it has after market wheels and it took a while for me to find the right tools.

one time in zambia, i had a flat in a taxi on the way from the airport. the driver jumped out and fixed it in like three minutes. his fear was that another taxi would drive by and offer us a ride, and he'd lose his fare.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home