J-Lay

"Should've Been A Cowboy"

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I'm a Jackass

As a man it is inevitable that I act like a jackass every now and then. Well, today was one of those days. My incredibly sweet girlfriend, Claudia, wrote a poem for me and sent it to me in an email. Instead of responding back with how much I loved the poem, I responded with how much I loved the poem and pointed out two grammatical errors that she made. This jackass move crushed her spirit. She was excited to show me how much she loves me and I squashed her passion like an ant in the kitchen.

I didn't mean to hurt her feelings. I was actually trying to protect her. I knew she would print it out or post it somewhere and I didn't want it to have an error on it. That is why I pointed out the two lines that needed to be changed. If I had written the poem and I published it with grammatical errors I'd be aggravated and embarrased, and I didn't want her to feel that way. In the process of trying to spare her feelings I ended up kicking them to the curb.

I've since apologized multiple times in multiple ways, but I still feel like a jackass.

4 Comments:

At 3/12/2008 11:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

But you shouldn't feel like a jackass. You are anything but! Thanks for understanding my side.

 
At 3/13/2008 10:10 AM, Blogger linz said...

Totes a jackass move. Asshole.

 
At 3/23/2008 11:30 AM, Blogger Kerri said...

haha. wow. totes not surprising.

 
At 4/08/2008 2:38 PM, Blogger Lysandra said...

HAHAH! I correct grammar all the time. You are right, even if you are being helpful it's still a dick move. Glad she understood!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home