J-Lay

"Should've Been A Cowboy"

Friday, July 15, 2005

Men and Flowers

i love photography and i love taking pictures of nature. from time to time i capture a great picture of a vibrant flower and i will use it as wallpaper on my computer at home and/or work. sometimes i will even borrow a picture from my friend lara ( http://larabarrettphotography.blogspot.com/ ), who is an awesome photographer. in this modern age of men becoming more in touch with their "feminine side" i still get harassed by co-workers about using pictures of flowers as wallpaper. can a man not enjoy the beauty of nature. specifically the beauty of a flower? i still put pictures of sports cars and choppers on my desktop. i haven't lost my testosterone driven mind. i feel that holding a stereotype of flowers are for women and not for men is like saying that women should cook and clean while men mow the yard. we are in modern times people. women can play sports and men can like flowers. it doesn't make us any less of a man or woman. only more diverse.

6 Comments:

At 7/15/2005 11:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know, it's ridiculous! But those aren't all my pictures, the pictures were taken by various people I swear!!!!

 
At 7/15/2005 12:16 PM, Blogger LukeMiller said...

my theory is now confirmed... you're a homosexual. liking nature = okay. putting pictures of flowers on your desktop = queer.

 
At 7/15/2005 1:51 PM, Blogger j-lay said...

you're an example of what i'm talking about luke.

 
At 7/15/2005 3:58 PM, Blogger MOL Junior said...

metrosexual.

 
At 7/15/2005 4:26 PM, Blogger j-lay said...

i might be borderline metrosexual, but i'm not as all out as benanti.

 
At 7/18/2005 5:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bravo, J! It's definitely a double standard--I've never once been made fun of for having a screen shot from a video game up as my desktop picture...of course, Shannon's the only one who's ever seen that, and he thinks it's hot... Still, I get called hot, you get called gay. So unfair! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home