J-Lay

"Should've Been A Cowboy"

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Where Are My Arms?

when i woke up this morning i couldn’t feel my right arm from the elbow down. normally when this happens it effects my whole arm. every time it happens i can't help but remember the time i woke up with both of my arms dead.

it was about two or three years ago now. on that morning my alarm clock went off and i went to push the snooze button to shut it off, and nothing happened. my mind was telling my arm and hand to shut of the alarm, but nothing. i was laying on top of my arms face down. i had taken my arms for granted. i never knew how useful my arms were for rolling over in my bed until that moment. for at that moment i couldn't feel either one of my arms from the shoulder down to tips of my fingers. nor could I move them. how crazy is that. so i proceed to roll my body over using only the muscles in my legs and torso. try it sometime. it is harder than you might think.

it is always a trip to wake up without any feeling in one arm and have to pick it up and move it to a position that will allow me to regain my feeling. it is even more of a trip to wake up and have your arms flopping around like tube socks filled with sand, and not being able to move my arms into a position that will allow for quick resuscitation of my arms.

slowly i'm able to move my fingers, then my hand, and finally my arm. after that i have to go through a phase of my arms tingling in a semi uncomfortable way. finally after what seems like forever, but is only a couple of minutes. i was able to shut off my alarm clock and get out of bed.

i can't help but wonder if this is harmful to my body. having the nerves that deliver information to my muscle get completely blocked. so far i haven't had any loss of strength or muscle control, but i can't help but wonder. maybe i can find my answer in the book called "why do men have nipples"?

4 Comments:

At 8/18/2005 2:51 PM, Blogger LukeMiller said...

i'd look into that if i were you.

 
At 8/19/2005 8:28 AM, Blogger Babs said...

dude....that is a wee bit freaky

 
At 8/19/2005 8:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude I wouldn't worry about, that happens to me all the time. At least 3 to 4 times a week I rollover on top of my arms and they go to sleep. Don't worry about it has been happening all my life and I haven't felt any problems. Maybe it happens to us tall gangly fellows more, I don't know.

crump

 
At 8/19/2005 2:43 PM, Blogger MOL Junior said...

that happened to nate on six feet under a couple of weeks ago and, well, things did not turn out so well for him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home