J-Lay

"Should've Been A Cowboy"

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

2005 Miss Teen USA

last night i was flipping channels and narrowed it down to three shows. the tv guide channel, who had a show to pick a new late night talkshow host, the rangers game, and miss teen usa. the best being the tv guide channel because the rangers got whipped by the red sox, and miss teen usa was a disappointment.

basically with miss teen usa i saw girls smile in the first segment, wear an evening gown in the second segment, swim suites in the third, and a question in the final segment. i have to ask what happened to the talent show? i watch miss america and how they try to reinvent the contest to not be just a beauty contest, but i guess miss teen usa isn't quite there yet. now i know what you're thinking and you're right. did jlay watch for the talent? of course not. i wanted to see hot girls prance around, but i was still disappointed to not see a talent show. never the less, the best all around girl, according to the judges, was
allie laforce from ohio. my personal favorite was miss illinois, kelly cruse, and her willingness to sport the huge scar on her stomach. in a pageant of perfection i give her cudos for her bravery.

9 Comments:

At 8/09/2005 1:34 PM, Blogger LukeMiller said...

my m-in-law is into pageants, and usa and america are two seperate entities. miss america is a non-profit scholarship organization, and miss usa is a corporation owned by donald trump.

pageants are, in my opinion, a total waste of time. the argument that miss america is about community service and intelligence and gives women an opportunity to earn money for college is bunk to me. if you really care about the woman's intellect and service, then why have an evening gown competition? why have a swimsuit competition? are we not merely exploiting the woman's outer beauty, which is the problem they're trying to combat?

at least three things on last night were better than miss teen usa:

CSI: Miami Rerun
Two-and-a-half-men
Daily Show

 
At 8/09/2005 2:06 PM, Blogger MOL Junior said...

how did miss illinois compare to luke's sister?

 
At 8/09/2005 2:35 PM, Blogger Babs said...

come on you guys are being too hard on these girls... what is wrong with reinforcing that looks are more important then brains?

 
At 8/09/2005 2:48 PM, Blogger j-lay said...

jr, are you trying to get me killed?

 
At 8/09/2005 4:07 PM, Blogger MOL Junior said...

NO! i just think it's a legitimate question...a. you said luke's sister is hot, and b. you said ms illinois is hot. thus, all i want to know is who do you think is hotter?

 
At 8/09/2005 4:10 PM, Blogger j-lay said...

the best answer to this question is no answer at all.

 
At 8/09/2005 8:59 PM, Blogger j-lay said...

faith, we are talking about suburbanjesus who is a man. nothing about this post had to do with the ever complicated woman.

 
At 8/09/2005 9:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

O.K. You know I had to comment about this. I really don't like the Miss USA pageant either b/c is isn't about scholarships and is not as community minded as the Miss America system is. Talent is also my favorite part, so there is yet another negative about the USA system.

As a former Miss Teen Texas contestant, I had the opportunity to win lots of scholarship money from winnings that I did use later for my education. I also developed as a public speaker, which gives me confidence in my job today. (teaching) I also had the pleasure of volunteering for various groups such as Special Olympics, The Red Cross, and many others. I feel that I am a more well rounded individual because of my pageant experiences.

I was never good at sports, but I could sing, model, and speak in front of others. We all have different abilities and I just got involved in what I was interested in similar to someone else getting involved in basketball, soccer, etc.

Jbird, you might want to tune into the Miss America pageant in January on CMT.

 
At 8/09/2005 9:44 PM, Blogger i am cam said...

i'm disturbed by the fact that you were watching the miss TEEN usa. i should report you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home