J-Lay

"Should've Been A Cowboy"

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Rewards for Hospitality?

on saturday night i went to a pool party at a new "special friend's" house. i get a call today from my special friend, who was upset, saying that one of her dad's guns were stolen. even though i'm not remotely close to her family, seeing as i have never met them. i'm still pissed off. i hate the fact that people steal. mostly because i've been the victim of it not one, but four too many times. i've had three car stereos, two tool boxes and a whole truck stolen from me. non of which were ever recovered.

what makes the situation even worse is that it wasn't a breaking and entering type burglary. it was a..."hi, welcome to MY humble home." followed by a..."thanks for the invitation, i'm now going to steal a very expensive gun from YOUR home." whom ever stole the gun was welcomed into the house with open arms and the offer of free food and alcohol, and repays the generous offer by stealing. of course my special friend feels horrible because her dad is currently mad and blaming her for his gun's disappearance. hopefully the flowers that i ordered yesterday to be delivered today will cheer her up.

11 Comments:

At 8/03/2005 10:52 AM, Blogger MOL Junior said...

whenever i have j-nice over i have this same fear.

 
At 8/03/2005 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww flowers, thats sweet jlay!

We are working towards 0 minutes, but it's a difficult transition. My next step with be 45 seconds, then 30.. and so on until I will be complaint free. Bicycle or electric car.. take your pick.

 
At 8/03/2005 1:36 PM, Blogger Babs said...

hmmm..... wait - i am still stuck on the "special friend"........
go back to that.

 
At 8/03/2005 2:04 PM, Blogger j-lay said...

i use the term special friend because it is too early to call her my gf, and i have only been on 3 official dates and attended said pool party. so for now she is a special friend.

 
At 8/03/2005 3:56 PM, Blogger j-lay said...

what is dtr?

 
At 8/04/2005 9:09 AM, Blogger j-lay said...

spam taken care of. i can now say...what spam?

 
At 8/04/2005 3:28 PM, Blogger Keymaster said...

At least this will give you something to bond over if you continue seeing the aforementioned sf.

 
At 8/04/2005 4:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard that Jr.In going to kick your ass and vandilize your entire house.

 
At 8/04/2005 8:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know you are feeling frustrated that no one has a comment that really relates to the topic that you posted. Everyone is worried about your "special friend". I am going to leave the sf up to you and say that I am very disgusted about the person who stole the gun from the party. I just don't understand what would make anyone want to this kind of cruel act. I think some people are so desperate that they don't care who they hurt. I am praying for these people who feel the need to commit such horrific acts.

 
At 8/05/2005 9:20 AM, Blogger j-lay said...

i'm not frustrated about people asking about my sf. i was frustrated with being spammed, but spam has been taken care of.

 
At 8/08/2005 9:00 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

That sucks. Not the part about having a special friend, but the part about the theft. Who steals from a friend or at the very least a friend of a friend? I had my wallet stolen at one of my good friends' parties. It was a relatively small party with no complete strangers which means one of my friends or the friends of one of my friends stole my wallet and went on a shopping spree. They bought the Docs I wanted and some really expensive sunglasses. I was very angry as I am too cheap to buy fancy sunglasses and boots for myself but have now supplied them to a thief. A thief with very good and expensive taste.

Yes, 4 years later and I am still not really over it. I am really great with grudges.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home