J-Lay

"Should've Been A Cowboy"

Monday, September 12, 2005

Damn Thieves

there are a lot of reasons why i like living in the dfw area. the four main are friends, church, employment opportunities, and entertainment. on the flip side there are reasons why i don't like living here. such as traffic, being away from my family, and crime. i think the one i hate the most is crime. i've had a lot of stuff stolen from me since i moved to dfw, and yesterday it happened again.

since moving to dfw in 1999 i've had three car stereos, two sets of tools, one truck, a car antenna, a propane tank, and as of yesterday i get to add a door mat to the list. a black, rubber door mat that couldn't have cost more than seven dollars. out of all the things that have been stolen from me the mat has been the least expensive, but that isn't the point of my ranting. the point is i hate people steeling my shit! so for all of you who have never seen me mad, which i think is all but ten people on earth, thieves make me mad. as in i'm want to kick their ass for stealing my mat mad. okay i'm exaggerating a bit. i only want to punch them once at the moment, but when my first stereo and my truck were stolen. wow! at those times you would have had to call 911 for whom ever stole my stuff, but since they were not anywhere to be seen i had to resort to breathing exercises and punching my pillow.

8 Comments:

At 9/12/2005 7:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry Mr. Crisp!

I have not had much stolen from me, but I did have someone break into my house (I honestly don't have alot worth taking) and it is such a HUGE violation of your life/space. Even when if something small is taken.

 
At 9/12/2005 8:50 AM, Blogger Babs said...

wow, that is surprising. you must have some good stuff b/c i have never had anything stolen from me.

that sucks~

 
At 9/12/2005 3:27 PM, Blogger MOL Junior said...

wow that sucks - come to the promised land of the east side and i will guarantee your stereo will never get stolen again.

 
At 9/12/2005 3:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Word. That BLOWS! I had a flower pot (full of a gorgeous pot garden that had taken me almost ALL summer to get JUST right) stolen off my porch when I was in Waco. I almost cried. TRAGEDY!

Thieves = Teh Suck

 
At 9/12/2005 4:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It must run in the family! Although I haven't been hit near as much as you, my purse did get stolen from Jeff's truck right after we started dating. I even hid it way under the seat, but I guess they knew that trick. It was such a pain to cancel all the credit cards and checking acount, etc... I also was worried that Jeff wouldn't want to date me anymore b/c he got a busted window out of the deal. I guess he didn't care too much since we got married. Anyway, I think stealing SUCKS too!!

 
At 9/12/2005 6:53 PM, Blogger The Cynical Tyrant said...

this happened to me in college. someone stole my doormat.

i found it later in front of someone else's door in my apartment complex. but i didn't have the heart to steal it back.

it did piss me off, though. who steals a doormat???

 
At 9/13/2005 7:48 AM, Blogger MOL Junior said...

someone stole a flower pot off of our porch at our old house one time.....in the middle of the afternoon, too.

 
At 9/16/2005 4:38 PM, Blogger Kerri said...

mr. crisp??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home