J-Lay

"Should've Been A Cowboy"

Monday, September 05, 2005

Good Times and Great Friends

i must say that i had a great holiday weekend. it all started saturday morning when i woke up and cooked myself a good ol' breakfast. i made scrambled eggs, bacon, and a biscuit. oh, and i can't leave out my grandma's home made grape jelly. mmm mmm good!

after that i drove to the north texas food bank to help sort food for the relief efforts of "hk". it was a bitter but so much sweeter experience. so many people showed up to help that i ended up being a greeter at the front door. i can only hope and pray that our community continues to have such a passion to help those in need.

saturday night i went to a poker party to celebrate carter's 21st first bday. all i have to say is that it was fun and what happened at the party stays at that party. all i will say is that rule probably benefits me the most.

sunday was an easy day. i woke up at a good friends house and his wife toasted me some waffles. did i mention he is a good friend? why did i wake up at his house you ask? like i said, the rule probably benefits me the most. after going home to shower, shave and change cloths. i proceeded to go to the labor day parter of the weekend. hosted by non other than sara the keymaster. who i must say threw a great party. which i endulged in wonderful food, soda, water, and conversation. really it was greatness. i got to see so many friends that i haven't seen in a while, and that always makes you feel good.

finally i spent monday hangin' out with my my friend claudia and my little buddy, her son, andrew. i'm humbled that he looks up to me and admires me so. the first thing we did was go to the eat at the olive garden. i love the olive garden. i tried the three meat ravioli this time and i will say that it was good, but it kills me to pay 11.25 for six ravioli. at least it comes with salad and breadsticks. after that we went to the park and played catch with the football and frisbee, which gave andrew a bloody nose when he caught it with his face. of course neither party involved ment for it to happen. then we played on the play ground for a bit. after getting hot and sweaty at the park. we ventured to the mall to get some refreshments and cool air. following the mall i took at nap at their house before getting some ice cream at braum's and going home.

viva la good weekends and even better friends. i would raise some mekong, but i'm told that i have made that imposible. it doesn't taste good anways.

6 Comments:

At 9/05/2005 9:58 PM, Blogger MOL Junior said...

saturday night was off the hook, and no more mekong for you sir. i was bummed that we missed sarah's party. you're a good man, j-lay...you're a good man.

 
At 9/06/2005 1:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dont go disin Me kong. What Me kong. I know nothing. I was in mexico.

 
At 9/06/2005 9:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ROTFOL!!

I some how knew that Mr. Crisp would give out the most info of all the men about Saturday.

I expect you by now to be 'out of control' so nothing would surprise me!

 
At 9/06/2005 11:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right, not that I know, but if I did know, mekong kicks ass literally, it's great. At least that is what I have heard.

crump

 
At 9/06/2005 3:11 PM, Blogger Babs said...

no problem on the waffles. glad i could help in the recovery.

 
At 9/06/2005 4:37 PM, Blogger Keymaster said...

Haha. Glad you had a great time at Carter's party and mine. Viva la good friends!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home