J-Lay

"Should've Been A Cowboy"

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Confessions of Adolecent Days Part 4

yes, that's right, part four. i have yet another story about me and my ford tempo. when you grow up in a small town there isn't a whole lot to do, and you think of some stupid stuff to entertain yourself. this is a story of one of my dumbest moments. i believe it was a summer night before my senior year of high school.

my friend adam and i were bored. we had done all the driving around our podunk town that we could stand and had stop at a local park to figure out what we would do next. i can't remember how the conversation went, but we ended up seeing who could push my car the fastest. both of us got my car up to around 11 mph. the last time that adam pushed my car i didn't stop it so that he could get in. i just kept driving slowly with him running next to it. so he decides to jump on top of it. after driving him around the street that surrounds the park. i stopped, he got off, and proceeded to tell me about how much fun it was to ride on top of my car. so i took my turn. after a few minutes of riding around a couple of different neighborhoods we started to worry about the local police. so we decided to take our fun out to a back country road.

when we got out to the boonies we took a moment to make a rule. the rule was no matter what runs out in front of the car, you do not stop or swerve. you just hit it. i know, this sounds cruel, but come on. it's either the animal or us that is gonna die. we started to take turns riding on top of the car. to give you a mental picture we would lay on our stomach on the roof of the car with our hands holding on to the top of each door and our heads looking forward of course. first it was at 45 mph. each time we rode on top of the car we would increase our speed by 5 mph. so 50, 55, 60, 65, 70, and finally 75 mph. at 75 mph it was quite a rush. your cheeks are starting to jiggle in the wind, your eyes start drying out, and the wind is quite loud rushing by your head.

we probably would have kept increasing out speed, but while going 75 mph i got hit by a bug in the forehead. let me tell you. that hurt! think about it. i'm traveling 75 mph and the bug that is mesmerized by the light is flying at the car traveling somewhere in te ballpark of 15 mph. so i was hit in the forehead by a bug at a combined speed of 90 mph. it was at that point that i said i wasn't going to ride any more. which was probably a good thing. it might even be the reason i'm still alive today?

4 Comments:

At 8/28/2005 9:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my word mr. Crisp! I am surpised neither of you fell off! Your angel must work overtime!

Faith

 
At 8/29/2005 1:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

great story.rt on.

 
At 8/29/2005 11:06 AM, Blogger MOL Junior said...

SOOOOOOOOOO white trash. i love it!

 
At 8/30/2005 5:56 PM, Blogger linz said...

haha, junior you took the words right out of my mouth!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home