J-Lay

"Should've Been A Cowboy"

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Lotto for Relief

while driving down the highway last night i noticed that the mega millions lottery is an estimated $150 million dollars. i couldn't help but think about how much that money could help victims of hurricane katrina. then i started to think about other places it could make a world of difference. it was at this point that i decided to offer up a prayer to God. i said God, if you let me win the lottery i will keep a million for myself and give the rest to where ever you want me too. then i started to think, man i'm being greedy. so i said, alright i'm only going to keep $500 thousand, but not all of it will be for me. i only want to pay off the debt that i have and use the rest to help close friends and family with their financial challenges.

my final prayer to God about this was, if you trust me to do this Lord. let me win. if you don't trust me or if i'm being too greedy or if it just isn't your will, i will understand. i do still want the money to go towards helping those who are suffering. so for who ever wins, i pray that they use the money for those who are suffering and not for themselves. amen.

so if you or you, or you win. i pray that the money will go towards relief and not towards self indulgence.

1 Comments:

At 9/06/2005 10:02 AM, Blogger Kerri said...

you links set up reminds me of a junior high dance

 

Post a Comment

<< Home