J-Lay

"Should've Been A Cowboy"

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

I Thought I Wanted Water

tuesday afternoon while occupying some time i went to b&n to buy the book "blue like jazz". after buying the book i walked next door to the grocery store to buy a drink to go with my pb&j that i brought with me for dinner. instead of going all the way inside the store i decided to buy a drink from a vending machine in the entryway. there was a canned coke machine and a bottled dasani machine. i try to limit my soda intake so i decided to get some water from the dasani machine, which also sales soda and juice.

before i put in my dollar i noticed that the machine was displaying $0.50 in the red digital readout. i thought that it had a $0.50 credit and i might get a discount on my drink. i put in my dollar bill and then decided that i wanted a lemon flavored water. i have never had a bottle of lemon flavored water and wanted to give it a try. i pushed the button and a coke fell to the bottom along with $0.50 in the coin tray. even though i received the bottle of coke at a discount i was a bit distraught about not getting my lemon flavored water. i'm standing there staring at the machine in disbelief when i noticed that the digital readout still displayed $0.50. thus, i came to the conclusion that everything in that machine would cost $0.50 despite the $1.00 yellow tag stuck to the front of the machine. obviously an error on the vendors part.

since i wasn't content with my discounted coke i decided to put in my $0.50 and try for the regular water this time. i pushed the button and out came an apple juice. at this point i didn't know how to feel. i wasn't sure if i should be mad that i didn't get either of my choices or be happy that i got two drinks for $1. i like apple juice, but i really wanted to try the lemon flavored water. in the end i decided to be happy with my apple juice and take my bonus coke home for consumption at a later time.

as i write this post it makes me think about how God answers some of our prayers. we go him, push the button of prayer and something totally different comes out of it. if we are not content about what God gave us we push the prayer button again and yet again something completely different comes out. something that God obviously thinks will benefit us more, but we continue to stand in disbelief.

4 Comments:

At 11/02/2005 8:55 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

God was probably doing you a favor. I have never tried the Dasani Lemon water, but I did try the raspberry. It was AWFUL. So, apple juice was probably a better option anyway.

 
At 11/02/2005 2:01 PM, Blogger Kerri said...

uh, ya. lemon flavored water, jlay? blek.

 
At 11/05/2005 7:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE the raspberry and the strawberry flavored dasani. Your reference to prayer is so true. But, God always has a plan. I guess you needed something from those apples.

 
At 11/06/2005 4:01 PM, Blogger The Cynical Tyrant said...

yeah the lemon water is gross. think really watered down sprite, but worse.

you totally scored with the apple juice/coke combo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home