J-Lay

"Should've Been A Cowboy"

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

I Think I'm A Good Listener?

this morning while on msn's home page i saw an ad for a quiz about how good of a listener i am. so out of curiosity i took it. after i finished i clicked submit, and here is what it said....

You're a Lousy Listener. You're so pleased with your own opinions and ideas that it's hard for anyone else to get through to you! Rather than listening, you offer up unsolicited advice or turn the conversation toward yourself. If you want to deepen your connections with others, you'll need to drastically change the way you interact. One good way to start: The next time you go to a party, focus on other people. You don't have to refuse to give up any information about yourself; just try to steer the conversation toward others. You may wind up meeting someone who's fascinating, plus you're guaranteed to improve your existing relationships. Read on for more listening tips.

personally i've thought for a long time that i was a good listener. why else would people call me frequently to vent or ask for advice? so i'm not to sure i agree with the answer i've been given. quite frankly i'm dumbfounded, and i can't help but step back to take a look at myself. so i want to ask you, my friend, am i a bad listener? your honesty is appreciated.

4 Comments:

At 10/25/2005 1:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess I can't speak to your listening abilities...but I would like a link to the test...hee hee

 
At 10/25/2005 1:31 PM, Blogger j-lay said...

the link to the test is in the 1st line of the post.

 
At 10/25/2005 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHA...Thanks! I'm not a good reader maybe!

 
At 10/26/2005 7:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that test sucks. I gave it a try. I dont see how they got the asnwers they did.
Msn-what do they know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home