J-Lay

"Should've Been A Cowboy"

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

J-Lay Radio 87.7

this is greatness at its greatest.




i know it has been out a few years now and it isn't the greatest technology, but for $21.14 it is genius. what is it? it is a wireless fm transmitter. i've been irritated with my 5 disk dvd player because it won't shuffle mp3 files. so i decided that i wanted to stream my music wirelessly from my computer to my home theater system. when i started shopping for a wireless transmitter i kept seeing triple digit numbers, and i don't have the cash to buy a $150-$300 wireless transmitter.

then i remembered the fm transmitter technology that came out a while ago. after doing some searching online i found one here for $21.14 and the site didn't charge me tax or shipping. it was even 2 day express shipping! the transmitter i found hooks into a standard head phone jack so that it is compatible with anything. it isn't the greatest technology and it has its limits. one problem, if you live in a big city, is that you have to find an open frequency. another down fall of this device is that it only has a range of 10 feet.

these limitations haven't been much of a problem for me. for starters 87.7 is open where i live and i live in a small apartment so seldom is my laptop more than 10 feet from my stereo. so instead of listening to my music through two 4 inch computer speakers. i now get to listen to my music through four 4 inch speakers , three 2 inch speakers, and a 10 inch sub woofer. viva la cheap technology that made it all possible for $21.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home