J-Lay

"Should've Been A Cowboy"

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Legal Docs Make It Official

it is now more official then ever. yesterday i received my very own "corporate severance program" folder full of legal explanations of the severance process. it tells me what i'm entitled to and what i'm not allowed to do. they were even nice enough to throw in two pre-paid envelopes for me to send them the documents that required my signature after my official termination date. maybe that is where the $0.04 went that seems to be missing from my pay computations page? on my pay stub it states that my base salary is $31,000.00, but my pay computation page says $30,999.96. i asked another of my fellow terminees and she too was $0.04 short. what is up with that?

i must say that the department that i've been temporarily working in for the past 4 1/2 months is and has been very nice to us. the manager of the department will be taking us out to lunch on january 27 and charging the bill to the bank. on top of that she is going to make that our last day. this means that i don't have to show up monday the 30th or tuesday the 31st, but i still get paid for them. it's nice to see the little people taking care of each other. despite "the man's" wishes to kick us to the curb. i can't really complain. i'm sure there have been loads of people laid off after working for a company longer than the six years i've worked for the bank and didn't get a twelve week severance package or anything at all for that matter.

now that i only have eleven more working days left at the bank i'm getting anxious. i'm tired of doing the work i've been doing for almost five months now. quite frankly it bores me to death, and it gets harder and harder to motivate myself to do it every day. you know the guy at your office that comes in late, takes a long lunch, and goes home early? well, that has been me for the past week and a half. i'm not sure what i will write on january 28th, but i know i will be writing it as a man free of corporate america. at least for a little while.

1 Comments:

At 1/12/2006 1:31 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

Perhaps the missing 4 cents was due to the recent postage increase. If so, that is pretty funny. Couldn't the company eat the 4 cents?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home