J-Lay

"Should've Been A Cowboy"

Friday, May 26, 2006

A Time To Stop, & Remember


The United States of America

It started as a thought,
then it became a whisper.
As people talked
it became a dream.
There dreams combined
to create a movement.
Resistance was added
and a war beget.
With valor, hope,
and determination,
the war was won
and a country was formed.
Lines were drawn
and sides were taken.
Friend against friend,
brother against brother.
After death and time,
again became one.
Bonds were formed,
and lands protected,
but at a cost of life
that we shall not forget.
On the last Monday of May
we stop, we remember.
On this day in May
we remember not to forget.
-J. Lay

3 Comments:

At 5/28/2006 6:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful poem? You are a great writer!!! Sorry I haven't been by to say hi in a while - I've been a little preoccupied I guess. I'm addicted to my pregnancy message board :) Hope you are doing good!!

 
At 5/28/2006 9:40 PM, Blogger j-lay said...

thanks cuz, i meant it to be a poem. though i didn't follow any particular form.

 
At 5/29/2006 9:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I meant poem! not poem? I'm telling you my mind is leaving me slowly each day. I knew if was a poem - sorry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home