J-Lay

"Should've Been A Cowboy"

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Say Good By To TV

i have several goals and dreams for my life and i feel that there are things holding me back from achieving those goals and dreams. something that is dramatically effecting my progress is tv. that's right, the boob tube. i find myself loosing time watching shows on tv that in no way are enhancing my life. i have test to study for, a business to work, and an apartment that needs some serious organization, but instead of doing any of the three i find myself zoned out in front of my tv. it is as if it is an addiction. how do you get rid of an addiction? well, you start by getting away from that which you are addicted. so tonight i turned off my tv with no intention of turning it back on for a good while.

1 Comments:

At 5/25/2006 9:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you. I can't remember the last time I sat down to watch tv. I did see part of the Mavs game the other night -- but that was only because it was my friend's bday and that's what he wanted to do. So - life is grand without tv and you'll be surprised at how many things you can find to occupy your time in it's place.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home