J-Lay

"Should've Been A Cowboy"

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Four Day Weekend

so i'm back in lewisville after a four day weekend in my hometown of burkburnett, tx. i had a great mini vacation. saturday i played basketball and racquetball with my brother and best friend adam. later that night we went and saw the new superman movie. sunday was a pretty laid back day of church and spending time with my grand parents. monday night i saw a free, b y o b, mini-concert where adam and i shared a bottle of rum to go along with our coca cola. about 3/4 of the way through the concert i got a call from my friends lynz & traci wanting adam and i to go to the bar with them. originally adam and i had the plan of listening to some live music with our rum n' cokes and then getting to bed around midnight so that we could wake up to play golf at 7:30 in the morning with my dad and brother.

well, we made it to back to adams house and in bed around 3:30am or 4:00am in the morning. my cell phone alarm went off @6:00am. i drug myself out of bed and tried to wake adam up with no avail. so i left to go wake up my brother who was staying at my grand parents house. he too was out rather late. i know this because i talked to him on the phone at 2:54am. he couldn't seem to wake up either. so just my dad and i played golf. i really enjoyed it and i did okay, but man was i tired.

later that night i hung out with my dad at his house that is out near the middle of no ware. being out there comes in handy because he can see forever in all for directions since north central texas is rather flat. with this ability we sat outside and watched fire works for about an hour and a half. it was very nice, and very peaceful. which was just what i needed.

2 Comments:

At 7/11/2006 4:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I keep thinking about you while we have the 'calgary stampede' going on for 10 days. It's all aout rodeo, cowboys etc. Everyone is requred to dress western at my work (and pretty much everyone in the city follows suit) I don't fit the bill at all, but I know that you do, and I keep thinking that you would probably love it here in Calgary right now.

 
At 7/11/2006 4:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ps - I would die with only that much sleep! YIKES! But you seemed to have fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home