J-Lay

"Should've Been A Cowboy"

Monday, June 19, 2006

Fun & Interesting Weekend

my weekend started on friday night at monica's in deep ellum in dallas. there, was an alumni event for the art institute of dallas. it was my first alumni event to attend and i must say that it was pretty cool. the alumni coordinator had a contest for a $50 gift card to help us get to know each other. basically we had to complete a questionnaire by finding out facts about other alumni. two good things came of this. the first was i won the gift card! the second was that some of the people i met knew a friend of mine from school who couldn't make the dinner, but was going to meet up with the group at the dallas museum of art afterwards. after we all met at the dma we decided to ditch and go to fuse, a low-key, tex-asian, restaurant/bar in downtown dallas. it was great getting to catch up with my friend lauren and talk about what is knew in each other's life.

saturday morning i woke up @ 5am to drive to waco and help my friend, dj, of 19 year move. we started out cool and wet from the rain, but ended up hot and sweaty after the sun came out. later that evening we attended a poker party that had 23 players! we both had a good time. unfortunately we tied for 13th in the tournament by both going out on the same hand! on our way back to his placed i returned a call from my cousin audrey in wichita falls and found out that she wants me to go on a double date with her, her husband, and her roommate from college sometime in the near future. she said that she and her husband jeff have thought that me and her friend would make a good match. hey, i'm game. i decided a few months ago that i woud quit looking for women and just let my friends and family find'em for me. i guess it's working?

sunday evening i made it home in time to watch the mavs play game 5 in the nba finals i have to admit that i fell asleep at the beginning of the 4th quarter and missed the mavs overtime loss. which evidently had a couple of controversial moments? this morning when i watch the highlights on nba.com it looked like d-wade was in some kind of zone in the 4th. he barely looked like he was trying? i still think the mavs will win the series.

4 Comments:

At 6/20/2006 12:03 AM, Blogger Natalie Elaine said...

where is the gift certificate to?

good luck with the ladies.

 
At 6/20/2006 12:30 PM, Blogger j-lay said...

the gift card was for RacTrac gasoline.

 
At 6/20/2006 6:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey mr. Jason...thanks for comming by my blog, it's been a while since I've been here, and it was good to see your name in my comments. The poker party sounds fun, I really suck at the game, but I like to play for fun sometimes, esspecially if there is cigars and scotch. :)

 
At 6/25/2006 8:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there! I think Marysa is looking foward to our double date. I know we will have fun!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home