J-Lay

"Should've Been A Cowboy"

Monday, June 06, 2005

You won't get it if you don't ask for it.

my dad has always told me, "you won't get what you don't ask for." i have found this to be true. for example. today i called comcast today to transfer my services.

rep: how can i help you?
jlay: i need to transfer my services.
rep: would you like to upgrade or change your services?

at this point i could just say no thank you and move on, but instead.....

jlay: only if it is cheaper.
rep: let me pull up our current promotions.

at this point the rep gives me to options which keep my services the same. all the while lowering the cost of my services by $7 per month.

jlay: awesome!

as you can see. if i didn't ask for the discount. i would have lost out on $84 over the next year. also remember this. the worst thing that could happen is they say no.

2 Comments:

At 6/07/2005 7:22 PM, Blogger Rya said...

You left out the part about how you sweet talked the rep!

 
At 6/07/2005 11:12 PM, Blogger j-lay said...

i wouldn't say i sweet talked the rep, but i'm always very polite over the phone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home