J-Lay

"Should've Been A Cowboy"

Friday, July 22, 2005

Bragging Rights (I'm # 1)

i first will start off with some background for the story. i have worked for a bank for 5 1/2 years. last september i changed positions within the bank so that i could become a financial advisor part-time. i changed from being a personal banker to being a call center agent for associates that have questions in regards to bank policy, legal or technical issues. there are currently four locations in the U.S with each having slightly over 100 associates. one month ago the bank decided to close the site that i work at. making my final day with the bank will be october 28, 2005. it is obvious that it is a money issue since my site is know to be the top performing site out of the four.

i found out two days ago that my site once again ranked #1 out of the four. also my team of 15 agents ranked #1 out of 26 teams. on top of that i myself ranked #1 out of over 400 associates nationwide. the best part is that since i was one of the top 10 associates in the nation. i get a $500 bonus for the month of june. hopefully i can do this again for the last 4 months i work at the bank. this would give me an additional months salary on top of the 2 1/2 months severance i will be receiving.

4 Comments:

At 7/22/2005 3:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

heres to a job well done.

 
At 7/25/2005 1:50 PM, Blogger Keymaster said...

nice job!!! I'd trust you with my money anyday!

 
At 7/27/2005 3:39 PM, Blogger MOL Junior said...

i fully appreciate you and this straight-forward post. thanks for not being shy about this part of your life...we need more people like you.

here's to you j-lay.

 
At 8/09/2005 1:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excuse my intrusion, but who do you work for? My hubby does financial planning too and I was just curious :)

PS. found this blog via yaycoffee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home