J-Lay

"Should've Been A Cowboy"

Friday, September 16, 2005

A Break From Normality

tomorrow morning i will wake up and do the normal things. take a shower, get dressed, eat breakfast, brush my teeth....business as usual, or is it. tomorrow is saturday and i will be waking up around 4:45am. the last time i was awake at 4:45am on a saturday morning was because i didn't go to sleep the night before, and i can't even remember when that was. the sacrifice of my precious sleep is well worth it. for i will be heading towards the airport at 5:15am so that i can board my 6:57am flight on time, destination sweet home, oregon.

i'm going to oregon to visit my mom and step dad, doug. the last time i saw my mom was in january for a day and a half. though seeing her was great. the reason for our reunion wasn't. it was to see my brother off to iraq. not quite a joyous occation. the last time i got to spend a decent amount of time with my mom and step dad was christmas of 2002. my mom, doug, my brother chad, and i all met up in reno, nevada to have christmas with doug's family. that is always fun because the are such fun people. the last time i visited my mom's home was the spring of 2002. wow, does time fly.

i can't wait to visit with my mom, go golfing with my step dad, kyaking, tubing, driving through the mountains, fly fishing, and playing with the dogs. you see my mom lives on five acres of river front property just outside of a blue collar town of 8235 people. her house feels very secluded and is quite peaceful. i love the outdoors and the summer in oregon is about as good as it gets. i'm going to be there during the tail end of the summer. so my fingers are crossed in hopes that it doesn't rain everday i'm there. according weather.com my visit should be sunny most everyday with a high in the upper 70's and lows in the mid 40's. i couldn't ask for a better forcast, but we all know how good the weather man can be.

6 Comments:

At 9/16/2005 8:42 AM, Blogger Babs said...

have fun, awesome!!!

 
At 9/16/2005 11:51 AM, Blogger Keymaster said...

Good on you J-Lay! Have a fantastic time and a great birthday!

 
At 9/16/2005 4:36 PM, Blogger Kerri said...

that sounds amazing! i am pea green with envy right now. rest up and come back ready for the fair!

 
At 9/17/2005 2:07 AM, Blogger linz said...

Have a great trip, take pictures!

 
At 9/17/2005 1:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooo! Have fun!

 
At 9/17/2005 5:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell your mom hi for me and have a great time!!!!!

Your card is in the mail.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home