J-Lay

"Should've Been A Cowboy"

Friday, February 03, 2006

Stiring Old Memories

on myspace.com some of my friends posted a bulletin that read like this...

Leave one memory of you and I together as a comment it doesn't matter if I know you a little or a lot, anything you remember. Dont write me, leave a comment. Next, repost this bulletin and see how many people leave a memory about you. Its actually pretty cool to see the responses!

a few of the people that posted this were friends from high school and i must say that it was nice to stop and take a moment to reminisce. it even provoked me to take a minute and look through the comments in my year books. as much as i enjoyed reminiscing i think i would also enjoy reading other's responses.

this morning i read a memory that my brother posted about him and i on myspace.com. this is what it said..."When I was saying good bye before i had to leave for Iraq and u told me everything was going to be ok and ill see ya when u get back." ...as i read this tears streamed down my eyes. i'm glad that i was able to be a rock for him to lean on in his time of need, and i'm glad that he made it home.

now i want you to leave one memory of you and I together as a comment.

2 Comments:

At 2/03/2006 4:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't just narrow it down to one memory! I think of you as a little boy with the cute chili bowl haircut. I remember how much you loved to play soccer. I remember how we would celebrate each birthday and holiday together with our families, taking turns being "Santa" to pass out the presents or standing with our Easter cloths on in the bluebonnet patch because granny needs one more picture:) I remember you as a shy, insightful cousin who is my closest thing to a brother. But now, I know you as an outgoing, charming cousin who has become a great friend. O.K. I'm finished gushing.

 
At 2/04/2006 3:00 PM, Blogger Kerri said...

softball practice- before my first journey season. you were just really sweet and you helped me bat. i was new (and pretty shy/insecure) back then.. being at a new church and all.. and i remember leaving and feeling like i had made a good connection.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home