J-Lay

"Should've Been A Cowboy"

Monday, July 24, 2006

You or God's Choice?

who hasn't asked God what to do? i'm sure there are some people out there that haven't, but as far as a christian is concerned who hasn't prayed to God and said, "what do you want me to do Lord? what are you calling me to do?" i think that there are times in our lives that God calls us to perform a particular task, but i don't think this is how it works most of the time. i feel that most of the time if we could stand face to face with God and ask, "what do you want me to do Lord, how may i serve you?" he wouldn't give a specific task. he would say to us, "my child, i've given you many abilities. i've also given you free will. you choose how you want to serve me. all i ask of you is to serve me by serving my people, your fellow "man". how you do this is your choice. serve me in the ways that bring me honor and you joy. for it is through joyful service that you will be the most effective." i might be right about this or i might be wrong, but i just can't fathom God giving us so many talents, abilities, and free will; only to order us around like drones.

1 Comments:

At 7/25/2006 11:25 PM, Blogger Natalie Elaine said...

totally agree. i think we sit around like a drone because we want a specific "here's how you do it kit" but in the bible there are so many instructions -- just not detailed.

we want details. is it because we don't trust ourselves to make Godly choices? not sure.

the other day i was studying 1 cor 6 (the chapter on sexual immorality) i said to God -- okay, show me what constitutes sexual immorality. basically asking him, what can and can i not do?

then i laughed to myself -- i wanted the details. when infact he was quite clear in the whole "honor your body" phrase. if i seek Him i will know what honoring Him is. i must only listen carefully.

similarly to life. if i follow his ways. i will live a life he is proud of - no need to get a day by day itinerary

 

Post a Comment

<< Home