J-Lay

"Should've Been A Cowboy"

Friday, July 29, 2005

Goin' to the Rodeo


i grew up in a small country town called
burkburnett, tx. growin' up in such an environment established the presence of the rodeo in my life. the only way i've ever participated in a rodeo was in the calf scramble as a kid. i thought it would be cool to try to ride a bull, but just never got around to it. i guess it is best to keep it that way.

anyway, tonight i'm going on a date to the
mesquite championship rodeo, and i will be wearing my classic cowboy outfit. similar to the one here on your left. it's not very often i get to go all out in my cowboy clothes. i do wear my boots at least once a week, but the hat and tight jeans only come out for special occasions. such as a rodeo. this is only my third date with the girl i'm taking to the rodeo. i have warned her about what i'm wearing tonight, but i'm not sure if she fully ready for the shock value of me in my straw hat. i have never thought that i was ugly nor have i ever thought that i was all that attractive, but for some reason when i put on my hat i get a lot of attention and compliments. so of course i like to have a reason to wear my hat. i think i need to go try on my jeans now to make sure they still fit. i've gained about ten pounds since i last wore them, and i'm a bit afraid of the consequences. if you have never been to the rodeo i highly recommend goin' at least once. if not for anything other than the single most entertaining event, cowboy poker. i'll tell you how every goes later.

4 Comments:

At 7/29/2005 1:18 PM, Blogger Kerri said...

i'm not a fan of rodeos

but i am a fan of 'jlay gone cowboy'.

yeehaw!

 
At 7/29/2005 2:07 PM, Blogger Keymaster said...

I don't often admit this but I went to A&M therefore I did attend a few rodeos and I do know how to two-step.

Although those days are behind me I have fond memories. Have fun tonight, Cowboy!

 
At 7/29/2005 5:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jason, Dont associate BURK with Rodeos! lol some of us that live here dont go to rodeos. Dont want the whole state of Texas thinking that people from little ol Burkburnett do nothing but attend rodeos. How ya been kid?

 
At 8/02/2005 11:55 AM, Blogger i am cam said...

this post secures in my mind that i am definitely a city girl.
but i hope your rodeo date was fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home