J-Lay

"Should've Been A Cowboy"

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Workin' Hard or Hardly Workin'



my job at the bank has it's share of down time. since i work in a call center i cannot leave my desk due to my head being attached to a phone headset. on an average day i spend 5 of 8 hrs actually talking on the phone. so i must occupy my free time with miscellaneous activities. my activities vary. as i get bored with one i move on to another. i might email, blog, read, listen to music, or play with legos. the two hardest activities to do are listen to music and read. this being due to my constant interruption of the phone which i have no choice but to answer. so i spend most of my time emailing, blogging, or reading articles online, but sometimes i go on a lego kick.

when i play with legos i do it all from my imagination. i hate to use the instruction books that come with legos. that is just not creative enough for me. a few months ago i created this sweet looking fire truck. it gets a lot of attention at work and even had it evaluated by fireman friend. my boss can't say much about my leisure activities since i'm the
best agent in the country. the only problem with my fire truck is that is has set a whole new standard in my mind. and the few things i've built since just don't compare. partially because some of my coolest parts are on or in my fire truck. maybe i should asked for legos for my upcoming birthday or christmas?

5 Comments:

At 8/02/2005 12:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now, THAT is impressive!

 
At 8/03/2005 8:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea, I finally have something to get you for Christmas that I KNOW you will really like! Wooohoooo! I am all about promoting creativity! By the way, your truck is very impressive.

 
At 8/03/2005 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the truck, I have a few master peices I could show you as well.

crump

 
At 8/04/2005 4:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always had problems with those damn things, with our without instructions.also Heres to the large castles at malls built of leggos, etc....

 
At 8/08/2005 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Legos...hmmm...I might have to try that out in my down time! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home