J-Lay

"Should've Been A Cowboy"

Sunday, February 05, 2006

I Look Like Someone Of Interest...

just before noon yesterday i dropped my car off at a car repair shop to get an oil change. they were busy and told me that my car would be ready in two or three hours. because i had a coupon for my oil change and more time than money i decided to leave it there and walk the three or four miles back to my apartment. on the way i stopped at a thrift store and bought two nice sports coats. one was 1.99 and the other was 2.49, but the girl rang them both up as 2.49. i didn't discover this until later and i wasn't about to go back to a thrift store and ask for a 0.50 refund.

i was about a third of a mile from my apartment when i looked down street and saw two police cars parked side-by-side at the other end of it. then next thing i know one of the cops pulls up behind me, gets out of his car and asks me if he could talk to me for a moment. i've been pulled over several time and each time i knew why, but this totally caught me off guard. all i was doing was walking down a sidewalk on my way home. he kindly asked me if i lived in the area, where i was going, what i'd been doing, and then for my i.d. i willingly co-operated because i can't knock a man for doing his job. his job of protecting the community i live in. i asked him what was going on and all he could tell me was that i resembled a man that was of interest to him.

2 Comments:

At 2/07/2006 9:16 AM, Blogger MOL Junior said...

i've always thought you look seedy.

 
At 2/07/2006 1:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol...wow

I would have been scared to death!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home