J-Lay

"Should've Been A Cowboy"

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Third Time...Is Not A Charm

what is the big deal about serving jury duty? what do people make such a fuss about it? it is really that bad? personally i wouldn't know because for the third time in my life i've been summoned for jury duty, and for the third time in my life i will be avoiding it. the first time i was summoned it was for wichita county. this was shortly after i moved to dallas county. so i didn't have to serve due to living in a different county. the second time was for dallas county, but i was a full time college student and students are exempt. this time dallas county summoned me by sending me a summons to my address in denton county? i will be exempt once again, or as the document says, disqualified, because i do not live in the same county as i'm being summoned to serve. i was kinda looking forward to the opportunity. watch me get summoned for denton county shortly after i move back into dallas county.

2 Comments:

At 3/08/2006 4:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ew--jury duty sounds really boring to me. Of course, it's probably more interesting than my job...if I got picked, I'd still be spending the days with a bunch of lawyers though. If I ever get summoned maybe we can just pull a switch-a-roo and you can go instead.

 
At 3/08/2006 5:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is a somewhat interesting process, but very boring at the same time. I actually had to serve on a jury for a criminal trial in lubbock. it was about burglury, arson, and assult. very interesting. it was real tedious listening to all the evidence and then deliberations were hard to. it's crazy when you think you could send someone to jail!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home