J-Lay

"Should've Been A Cowboy"

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Happy Birthday Little Bro!

november 2004

today is chad's 20th birthday. who is this chad you might ask? he is my younger brother. the phrase youner brother is a phrase that i've been trying to adapt to for over a year now, and i still keep catching myself calling him my little brother. even though he's not so little anymore i guess he will always be my little brother. at least until i get use to saying younger brother.

chad and i are now great friends, but there was a solid span of 14 or 15 years in which that wasn't quite the case. for starters i will say that i've always loved my brother. though for the longest time he was a thorn in my side. always wanting to tag along, buggin' me and my friends to play with him and then when we did he would get mad because he couldn't keep up. as a child a five year gap makes a huge difference both physically and mentally.

now my brother is 20 years old. chad enlisted into the reserves the summer before his 18th birthday. he did this so he could get money to pay for college. where he is to become a computer engineer. he is currently an active army reservist stationed in taji, iraq. he is a machanic for the army. the fasion in which he got sent over there is a bit odd, but never the less he is there. he is what one might call one to many so he doesn't stay too busy. i didn't want to see him go. still. i must say that it has been good for him. he is maturing into a fine young man over there. he has always been a disaplined individual. largely due to the fact that he had to deal with dyslexia as a child which caused him to study way more than most, or at least way more than i ever did. it was from this weekness that he grew strong in his disapline skills. over the 9 months chad has been in iraq he has been working out and taking suplements. he went over there as a skinny 160 or so pound six feet tall kid. now i'm told he weighs around 185 lbs. that's 185 lbs of lean muscle. so ladies watch out. on second thought maybe i should watch out?

Happy Birthday Chad! I miss you and I love you.

p.s. i can still kick your ass.

1 Comments:

At 9/29/2005 8:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the picture of you and Chad! I'm getting all sentimental now, but I'm really glad you two have been in my life. You are the closest people to siblings that I have and I am very thankful for that. Love you both!!!!!

O.k. I'm done with the mushy stuff:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home