J-Lay

"Should've Been A Cowboy"

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Down With Online Dating

after three years of online dating i'm throwing in the towel. i think it has been a waste of my time and money. i'm not saying it doesn't work. i have friends who are proof that it does, but i don't like it anymore. for me it is a producer of constant disappointment. for me it has come down to a quality vs. quantity issue. in the past three years i've been on dates with fifteen women from online and two from the "real world". if you add them all up and compare the two environments, just one from the real world lasted longer than all fifteen from online combined.

i think the advantage of online dating is the mass number of people that one can see and be seen by. one might also think it is an advantage to be able to read about a person's likes, dislikes, and how they describe them self, but i feel that this takes away from an important part of dating. i've realized that rapport is a vital part of developing any type of relationship, and it is my opinion that online dating removes this from dating scene which causes the early breakdown of the relationship. so from now on i'm only searching for women in the physical world around me. do you the reader have an opinion about this?

3 Comments:

At 1/11/2006 12:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there, friend. You're a great catch for a young lady!
A friend of mine also had a very frustrating experience online, so you are definitely not alone!

 
At 1/11/2006 5:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you should always follow your gut. I know you will find someone one of these days and she will be one lucky lady! Take care and have a great rest of your week!

 
At 1/14/2006 10:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I completely agree with you about on line dating. Though I only experienced 2 and the one, I flew very far to meet and he ended up a psycho! My regret is that I didn't let myself read the 'signs' that he was bad news (I wanted to give him a chance...nothing wrong with chances, but when the red flags were flying before I met him, I really should have listened to my instincts)

In a strange way it can be easier on line at first, because you can get to know someone on the inside out, and it is usually the opposite in real life. But I'm learning that sometimes the things most worth having take the most work.

Your friends see you as a wonderful catch, so you must be. From your blog I can tell you have great character and honor, and those things are far too rare in this world. A woman worthy of you will come along, and she will be worth the wait!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home