J-Lay

"Should've Been A Cowboy"

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Apartment Hunting

yesterday morning i spent 2 1/2 hours visiting 11 different apartment complexes in the las colinas/north irving area. i think that area would be more convenient for my driving habits and on top of that it is just a real nice area. which was reflected in the prices of the apartments. i was hoping i might find a bargain, but the cheapest place i could find was still $75 more than what my new lease will be in june. on top of that my renter's insurance and auto insurance would be higher in that area. i might save $20 a month in gasoline and a few minutes of driving, but i don't see it being worth the extra $100 it would cost me to live there. that's like buying something you don't need just because its on sale. spending $100 i don't need to spend to save $20 doesn't make sense.

3 Comments:

At 3/30/2006 9:38 PM, Blogger Natalie Elaine said...

j.lay - time is money. is it really just a few minutes? or are you sometimes stuck in awful traffic. i live 25 minutes from where i work - not a big deal in itself but i have started to babysit, play and even date in that area of town and now i wish i had signed up there. just saying - think about it in terms more than rent.

 
At 3/30/2006 10:39 PM, Blogger j-lay said...

you are totally right, but it really is a few minutes. we are talking 5 miles. i now live 8 miles from my full-time job and 20 from my part-time job which i only drive to a couple of times a week. if i moved i would be 10 miles from my full-time job and 15 from my part-time job.

 
At 3/31/2006 3:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah... I live 5 minutes from work. It's SO worth EVERY overpriced penny. So. Worth. It.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home