J-Lay

"Should've Been A Cowboy"

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

I Got The Hook Up

on sunday i took a friend to a local movie resale store because he wanted to buy a couple of movies. upon entering the store i notice a casual friend of mine working behind the counter and stopped to say hi. we talked for a moment and caught up on a few things, and then he told me that after i found a movie to let him know and he would ring me up. i told him that had no intension in buying a movie. i was only there because my friend ask me to give him a ride to the store. after helping my friend find a couple of movies i walked by the extended version of the "lord of the rings" trilogy that i had been eye balling for months and noticed that the price had dropped since the last time i saw it. each of the three movies had dropped to $16.99. back in november they were selling for $26.99 and last month they were $19.99! the main reason i told my friend i wasn't going to buy a movie because i really needed to pay a large bill that is due in a few days. with each movie only costing $16.99 and my kind friend offering me a discount i just couldn't resist the urge and i took the trilogy to the count to collect on my previously offered discount. i was thinking that i might save something like $5 on each dvd, but after my friend scanned the three movies i was told that my total was $17.01! that's right i said $17.01. lets take a minute to do the math. $16.99 + $16.99 + $16.99 = $17.01? normally i would disagree with this answer, but not that day. i saved $33.96 people! it's like there was a special just for me, buy 1 and get 2 free. did i get the hook up or what? all i have to say is my friend didn't have to do that for me and i'm very grateful for his kindness.

2 Comments:

At 4/05/2006 4:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a good deal! don't tell Jeff, he might want to borrow them. I refuse to buy them for him b/c I can't stand that little troll guy! Have a good week:)

 
At 4/05/2006 9:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Word! That rules!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home